Quick Ways to Fix Dlinkap.local Not Working Issue
Are you having a hard time accessing the D-Link extender login page as you facing a dlinkap.local not working issue? If you are nodding your head, then don’t panic. Here, we have managed to put all the information that will definitely helps you in resolving the dlinkap.local not working issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s begin.
Troubleshoot Dlinkap.local Not Working Issue
Reboot Your D-Link Extender
The first and foremost thing you need to consider is to reboot your D-Link extender as it will help you in eliminating the minor technical issue that might be causing dlinkap.local not working issue. So, have a peek at the following steps in order to reboot your D-Link extender.
- Disconnect all the connected WiFi-enabled devices from your WiFi extender.
- Turn it off and unplug your D-Link WiFi extender from the electrical socket.
- Set it aside for some minutes.
- Plug it again into the power socket and turn it on.
- Now, turn on your D-Link extender and re-connect your WiFi-enabled devices to it, and enjoy high-speed internet services.
Now, determine whether the issue continues to exist. If yes, then keep reading.
Check Internet Connection
High-speed internet is required for the D-Link extender to work efficiently. At times, while using the physical connection, a damaged Ethernet cable might be the reason behind the outcome of dlinkap.local not working issue. If that’s the case, then swap or replace your Ethernet cable with the new one. If you are using a wireless connection, then your extender must be placed within the range of your home router. Else, relocate your extender to an ideal location within range of your router to avoid any connectivity issues.
Check the Power Source
Any damaged or short-circuited power socket can cause a power outage. Therefore, inspect the power socket through which your extender is connected. If you detect any damage to it, then try switching to another socket. Moreover, don’t forget to inspect the condition of the AC cable as it needs to be free from any kind of damage for working smoothly.
Avoid WiFi Interference
Always place your D-Link extender away from the objects such as refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth speaker,s and other smart home appliances as these types of objects use radio frequency for transmission that might disrupt your WiFi signals resulting in dlinkap.local not working issue.
Update D-Link Extender Firmware
You might be using an outdated version of D-Link extender firmware. This can also be one of the reasons behind the outcome of this specific kind of issue. Therefore, to resolve the issue, you need to perform a D-Link firmware update using the default IP i.e. http://192.168.0.50. However, many users aren’t aware of the process to upgrade the D-Link extender firmware. So, to make things simple here we are providing detailed information to fix the issue.
- Access an updated version of the internet browser and type http://192.168.0.50 in the address bar.
- Hit the Enter button.
- You’ll be directed to the D-Link extender login page where you are required to enter the admin password in the respective field.
- Once you’ve entered the required credentials, click the login button.
- Once you have successfully logged in, browse to the Management located at the top-right corner of the dashboard and select Upgrade.
- Under Firmware information, click the Check for New Firmware option to look for the new updates.
- If new updates are available, click Upgrade Firmware to start the upgrade process.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once completed, your D-Link will restart automatically and then you need to Log In again using Admin credentials.
Reset Your D-Link extender
In some cases, you might face an issue due to improper configuration. Therefore, you are required to reset your D-Link extender to the default factory settings and re-configure it from the scratch. You need a pin-pointed object such as a paper pin to press and hold the Reset button that is located in a hole for 10 seconds. Then, it will restart automatically and will be restored to default factory mode.
Now, re-configure it using the default URL i.e. dlinkap.local, or the default IP i.e. http://192.168.0.50.
Are you able to resolve the dlinkap.local not working issue using the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks? Just let us know which of the above-mentioned troubleshooting hacks helped you in resolving the issue.